Saturday, March 21, 2009

WHAT IF...

... on a Sunday morning you find yourself in barong, staring in front of a mirror about to leave for church because you'll be godfather to the child of your ex-lover?

... you are still reeling from last night's experience when he came to your place to visit you - the future godfather of his first born - and you made wild frantic love with him on your wooden floor?

... you still hear in your head the words he uttered last night while you're still inside him, both of you panting, sweating and in rapture, the words "I still love you more than I love my wife"?

... you woke up this morning to the sound of your mobile ringing and on the other end was his wife profusely thanking you for the gift you gave for the christening and that she's glad she has you as her husband's friend, always there, always at hand and always trustworthy?

... in about an hour you'll be holding his firstborn as the priest will bathe the child's head with the water ushering him to the world of the believing, and you still remember your lover's wife telling you "You are my child's second father"?

... today, you debate within you if you're going to send a message to both their phones and say, "I am sorry, I am sick. I can't come"?


Damn this world! Damn this fucking barong!

5 comments:

Dabo said...

omg.. talaga.. pumunta ka ba ngayon? ayoko ng ganyang situation, i remember my friend who told me about this guy who attend the wedding of his former lover.

this one is uninvited and when everyone was all the reception, the guy claim the spotlight, grabbed a wine glass, raised it to cheer the newly wed and said: to the bitch who stole my lover, and to the man who broke my heart.

sabay walk out ng lola.

the geek said...

dont mind the ex and his wife...focus on the little angel you will be holding and experience how it is to hold a child....


( a barong? seriously? )

Pedro Penduko said...

@ dabo: i had no choice. i went

Pedro Penduko said...

@ the geek: lol, i figured the barong was a nice touch. nagsusukat lang ako ng bagong barong bago ako umalis patungong binyag. pumunta ako nang nakapolo at maong. :-)

J said...

what a what if!
stay strong.